I researched female names, and learned that Sabra may be a nickname for Sabrina... or, not. But it gives me another name to put on the list when I'm going through databases, books, and other records.
Here's the current bits and bobs I've found out about Sabra:
Sabra was born 22 Aug 1805 in Schaghticoke, Rensselaer, New York, as stated in the Oakwood Cemetery burial register book in Syracuse, Onondaga, New York. Her father is known only as "S. Towers" as written in the same burial register book, The Towers family likely moved to the region which may have included one or more of the towns of Baldwinsville, Manlius, Van Buren, and Syracuse, somewhere before 1824. The distance is about 150 miles due west.
Around 1824, she married Jacob ORMSBEE, likely in either Pompey or Baldwinsville, Onondaga, NY. I have no document as yet about this marriage; note that her husband was born in Pompey. Jacob and Sabra had the following five children:
- Lucius Jared, b. 31 Aug 1825, Manlius NY, d. 29 Jul 1911; m. 13 May 1847 in Jordan NY to Caroline C. Coombs; 3 children
- Harriet "Hattie" Philena, [ancestor], b. 28 May 1827 Manlius NY, d. 20 Aug 1929, Englewood, Bergen, NJ; m. 26 Sep 1850 in Syracuse NY to Charles Giles GRAVES; 3 daughters (middle one is direct ancestor).
- Anna Caroline, b. July 1829, Baldwinsville NY, d. 4 May 1910 Elbridge NY; m. abt 1850 to John Leary, no children.
- Sabra J,, b. 28 Feb 1831, Van Buren NY, d. 30 Jul 1842 Baldwinsville NY; grave removed to Syracuse 23 Oct 1869 and buried in family plot.
- Mary J., b. 14 Jun 1832, Van Buren NY, d. 9 Jul 1836 Baldwinsville NY; grave removed to Syracuse with sister's, 23 Oct 1869 and buried in family plot.
Sometimes my Blogger account seems not to allow me to "reply" to your comments. Do know that I value your comments immensely. You make my day! Thanks for stopping by to read my personal genealogy posts.